Friday, November 30, 2007

Hershey's, the Great American Cocaine Bar

I got very happy today when someone I work with, whose husband works for Hershey, told me about this:

http://blogs.menupages.com/philadelphia/2007/11/crack_cocaine_mints_might_just.html

It amused me so much I sent the link to our Director of Marketing, who then forwarded it to his newest hire, and then told me what I hadn't known: that we just hired the new guy from Hershey where - oh frabjous day! - he worked on this very project.

So of course I run over to his office laughing maniacally and he says, no, see, crack comes in ORANGE bags....

Yes, it was a happy day.

And btw, Hershey IceBreakers also come in orange.


Oops, my bad. Cocaine. It's this one:


No, wait, that's heroin. THIS one:

2 comments:

ronocdh said...

This is so unbelievably tremendous. Maybe they weren't going for the cocaine look, maybe they were trying to mimic those little baggies of moisture preventative in packing materials.

Either way, though, I don't want to eat it.

Anne said...

Are you kidding? I'm going to buy every pack I see. Once this story makes the rounds sales will skyrocket. Of course the speculation is did they know, or was the marketing group truly innocent souls who never saw the connection? The marketing guy I talked to swears it's the latter. He said no, tahey're like little ice packs, they're ICE breakers, like ICE packs, cooling and refreshing and blue. You know, like those ice packs? And then he ruined it all by saying that crack bags aren't blue.