Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Knew This Day Would Come

My phone beeps this morning. It's a message from Chad.

I click it open and it's a photograph of Emily holding an adorable young beagle. The caption is " I dont want to die :-( "

I figure Chad means the beagle because as far as Emily's concerned, she can take care of herself and I'd be more likely to get a photo of Chad begging for mercy. Anyhow, the beagle (and Emily) is adorable and although I COULD have typed back "Well, we all have to go sometime" what I did reply with was "put him in the truck and I'll see you this weekend."

So. Say hello to A2187.

And don't ask me what happened to A's 1 through 2186. My heart can't take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I laughed so much at this. You are the ultimate sucker, and I love you so incredibly much for it.

So does A2187. What's the name gonna be?? I suggest "Nigel." Nigel the beagle.